Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Let's Get Physical

Today I had my yearly physical, or what should be my yearly. I kinda slack on that.

I weighed in at 198. By means of comparison, for other visits I have had in the last several years:

  • I was 205 at the previous visit a year+ ago (which makes sense, it's about where the last blog post in May of 2022 had me)
  • I was 215 or more before that. Again, in line with what I surmised in my previous post.
  • Apparently I'm within range of where I was in 2015

 In the last entry just a bit less than a year ago, I talked about 34s falling off.  I'm now wearing 30s* and those are falling off as well. I moved to 32s last year and before I knew it, I was buying new pants again.... and now those are way too loose. Time for a third hole punched in the belt!!

 *Basically every pair of jeans you find these days have that stretch shit in them so 30 seems charitable.

 So, essentially I weigh somewhere in the same ballpark of where I was eight years ago. That said, I know I have put on a lot more muscle than I had then.

I'm still in a state of going generally 3x a week. Next month will mark 2 years of doing so. It's become a good routine, and something to which I look forward. I'm rarely doing cardio, and I would probably lose weight even faster if I did that, but I like my pace right now.

So what about the tattoo?

I haven't thought about it much, because (while writing this post) I realize I still haven't come up with a good replacement metric for the original goal of 30lb. I've read that for every inch you lose in your waistline, it's beween 4-8 lb, so I guess total weight/fat loss is in the very wide range of 20-48lb. 

I found the instagram of a dude who works in a shop nearby and I like his work, it sorta seems along the style I'm looking for, and he seems like an overall good dude.  So I might have to make a trip over there for at least an initial consultation... I figure I will keep working on my steady progress while I get a better idea as to what i want to get. But I do think I still want to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Get Physical

Today I had my yearly physical, or what should be my yearly. I kinda slack on that. I weighed in at 198. By means of comparison, for other v...